Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rebecca Lassiter's Thoughts



After being here 6 days I feel like I have seen so many things that I will have to process for the months to come. Being a student and a mom of the 2 my time is so limited that I think I will be processing and thinking about this trip and my experiences for a while. My favorite part of this experience is being in contact with the people of India. The women and children are so warm and welcoming and so genuinely happy to see us. I have noticed that there is a great unity between the women. They call everyone their friends which is so different then in the United States. If I could come back again I would spend a lot of time with the children. Without going on and on I will end it by saying that I have been so positively affected by this trip and I am still not sure all of the ways. 

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, much like you it takes me weeks to process anything which has impacted my life. I agree, there seems to be a unity in India among people that we do not have in the US. I'm glad you were able to make this trip.

    ReplyDelete