Friday, March 15, 2013

Spectacular Encounter

From Emmanuel Opara:

Our trip to India without mincing words was a rich experience, informative and educational. The state of the art monument, parks, museums, temples, both Christian and Hindu is an amazing testimony of beautiful nation. However, among all the exciting places we visited I was mostly humbled to step my feet in the resting place of one of the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ. The Tomb of St. Thomas in Santhome cathedral Basilica in Chennai. It was a consummation of my faith as a Catholic. The tomb of St. Thomas the apostle indeed represented the quietness and peacefulness reminiscent of a Saint. It is my singular honor and privilege to be involved in this travel course that had made all these possible and accessible in my lifetime. May God take the glory - Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Everyone! I am enjoying experiencing India through all of your eyes and your writings! The video of the ride through the streets was very interesting, and the photos are wonderful to give an idea of what you are experiencing! I am jealous of the henna tattoos (have always wanted to experience that) - they are so beautiful. Everyone looks like they are having such a great experience...love seeing all of those smiles! Thank you for the regular posts! I hope your last day brings a highlight and that your departure on Sunday is effortless and safe! I will look forward to hearing of all the adventures and how the trip has changed you and your perspective! Safe travels! ~Lindee

    ReplyDelete